Recently I came across with this question, “What all documents required for proper knowledge transfer of any Drupal project"?
As usual, I went to search on drupal.org but failed to find any document list so I started making it on my own.
Considering the team experience level may be some of the documents are irrelevant but here in my case I have a bunch of newbies in the team. So I preferred it simple and stupid.
So here is the list:
1. Information about Infrastructure: Server/Environmental Details (Dev/QA/Prod/)
2. Details of LAMP/WAMP Installations: Detailed info about Web server/DB/PHP
3. Other Application used on Servers: In the case of Cache Server/Media server.
4. Details of Database server & Understanding of database structure: In case of cluster db servers, Details for Master, Slave db & replica db. In case of mixed storage engine list of table under specific particular storage engines.
5. Web/DB Server Topology: Details of web server / db server/ load balancer server etc.
6. Drupal Core Version.
7. Details of mulit site / sub sites /groups etc.
8. List of Contributed Modules & Themes.
9. List of Custom Modules & Themes,
10. Documentation on code changes made in Custom module /theme: Detailed study of custom modules and themes and requirement understanding with the help of High level diagrams
11. Details of PATCH applied on Contributed modules.
12. Details about External Services: If any external service is involved in application likes Flicker/You Tube / Face book/Twitter etc.
13. List of Content Types & their Usages.
14. List of Views & their Usages.
15. Details of Web form/panels/cck forms/Custom blocks/Pages etc.
16. Pending/New Change Requests.
17. Detailed Bug list of open bugs.
18. Details of open issues posted on Drupal.org/ forums for resolution (URLs).
If I missed something please mention it in comments.